Easy Fish Chowder
2 lbs haddock fillets
3 cups water
4 cups potatoes, 1/2 inch chunks
1 cup yellow onions, chopped
1/2 cup green peppers, chopped
1 cup tomatoes, peeled and chopped
1 cup half-and-half
1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
1 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Place haddock and water in a dutch oven and heat to boiling.
2. Cover and reduce heat to low and simmer approximately 10-15 minutes or until the fish is white and flakes easily.
3. Remove the halibut, reserving (set aside) the ‘broth’ (liquid); cut the haddock into bite size pieces.
4. Return 1 CUP of the reserved broth to the dutch oven.
5. Add the potatoes, onion and green pepper and simmer 15 minutes or just until the potatoes are tender.
6. Add the remaining broth, the haddock, tomato, half-and-half, salt and pepper.
7. Heat until hot, but do not boil; sprinkle with cheese before serving.
More Dutch Articles