Italian Sausage Soup
1 lb Italian sausage, casings removed
1 garlic clove, minced
2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
1 cup carrots, sliced
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can great northern beans, undrained
2 small zucchini, cubed
2 cups baby spinach, packed, rinsed and torn
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper (or to taste)
1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
1. In Dutch Oven, brown sausage with garlic.
2. Stir in broth, tomatoes and carrots, season with salt and pepper.
3. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and allow to simmer 15 minutes.
4. Stir in beans with their liquid and zucchini.
5. Cover and simmer another 15 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
6. Remove from heat, stir in spinach.
7. Cover and allow spinach to cook in the steam from the soup for another 5 minutes or until tender.
8. Serves 6.
Related Dutch Articles